Re: disappointed

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 chimbis@bahnhof.se wrote:
>
> > Towards the very end on the 2nd millenium a being known as Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> > >              <199904201715.TAA01112@Vendra> > >
> > > near future mobiles). Obviously it mustn't be displayed with the same
> > > rendering
> > > on all these devices.
> >
> > Hmm, no. But then I think you contradict yourself here a bit. As it is
>
> 	No, this says "there is not just one way to do this".
> 	Just because Amaya, Lynx, Getweb, www4mail, do this
> 	DIFFERENTLY doesn't make them WRONG.  This is no contradiction.
>
> > as you say, wouldn't it be appropriate if Amaya could display frames in
> > the same way as, say, Navigator? Perhaps one should be able to have an
> > option somewhere switching between methods to display frames?
>
> 	So they have to write the code at least twice?  And this is when
> 	they have all the other stuff to write?

Now, you are contradicting your own argument. You say that that difference
isn't wrong and Amaya supports a different kind of frame rendering. So you
go on to argue against the standard (by volume) way of rendering frames.
As you say there is more than one way to do frames.

> > And my main gripe about Amaya is that as over 90 percent of the
> > visitors to my site uses either Navigator or Explorer, and I use frames
>
> 	So up to 10% of your visitore are not worth the trouble?  You have
> 	obviously not considered those in poorer countries who are
> 	browsing the WWW using e-mail alone.  Those methods

And you obviously have not seen the site - or you wouldn't write such
rubbish. There is a non-frame version available for the framed section.

> > on one part of the site, AND Amaya is an graphical editor it would be
> > very nice if I could view the results in Amaya and not have to change
> > to some other app for this.
> >
> 	[...]

Apologies if I was wrong I thought Amaya was a tool, not a religion.

> 	Hugh
> 	hgs@dmu.ac.uk

M.