Re: Some comments on Amaya 1.3a.

Corne Beerse wrote:

> Sorry, I cannot resist and feel the need to give my opinion:
>
> Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> > > 2. Amaya does not appear to understand the font tag. (e.g., if I use a font
> > > tag to place a Greek letter in an html file, it shows up Greek in browsers
> > > but shows up in Times New Roman in Amaya.)
> >
> > This is not the right method to input greek characters in an HTML document.
> > Our plan is to support Greek entities and Unicode.
>
> I think there are at least 3 ways to use greek characters in a (HTML)
> document:
> - A plain Greek document (as in from Greece)
>         To be covered by switching charactersets.
> - Using the Greek characters in formulas
>         To be covered by MathML
> - Using the Greek characters in plain text (poor example: beta-test)
>         To be covered by ???
What is the proper way to talk about greek characters?
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda,
mu, nu, xi, o, pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi, psi, and omega
A, B, Gamma, Delta, E, Z, H, Theta, I, K, Lambda,
M, N, Xi, O, Pi, P, Sigma, T, Y, Phi, X, Psi, and Omega
o is omicron
Regards, Jim
Jim FitzSimons
Mailto:cherry@neta.com