Re: Some comments on Amaya 1.3a.

> I have observed a few quirks or bugs in Amaya 1.3a, and hope they may be
> addressed soon,  possibly in 1.4.
>
> 1. It seems to update the screen very slowly when displaying a large (e.g.
> 140k) file. (CPU: 166MHz, 95% cycles free; RAM: 32 mb, largely free; no
> disk swapping observed. Suspect unintelligent or poorly optimized video or
> rendering code.)

We're currently working on that, but an editor needs to use an incremental
formatting which makes of course the editor rendering slower than the simple
browser display.

> 2. Amaya does not appear to understand the font tag. (e.g., if I use a font
> tag to place a Greek letter in an html file, it shows up Greek in browsers
> but shows up in Times New Roman in Amaya.)

This is not the right method to input greek characters in an HTML document.
Our plan is to support Greek entities and Unicode.

> 3. Image map area editing seems broken: an image map area can't be moved
> once placed, and can only be resized down and right, not up and left.
> Deleting and recreating the things to position them right rapidly becomes
> extremely tedious. Also, there seem to be problems with show/hide image map
> areas and selecting of image map areas.

Perhaps the image map area editing has been broken in the 1.3a version, but I
tested it in the 1.3b version and it works fine.