Re: Thot crash...

> I had a hyperlink with the character & in the text; when saving the document,
> When saving the document, this is what resulted.
>
> zap.w3.org:/tux/u/jg> amaya
> *** Errors in http://www.w3.org/People/Gettys/ temp file: /tux/u/jg/.amaya/1/Gettys
>    line 137, char 27: Invalid entity "&T "

I downloaded your page with Amaya without any error report.
I guess you fixed this error: you have to use the entity &amp; here.

>> *** Thot: Irrecoverable error ***: Error 0
> modified documents, if any, will be saved : Error 0
> So it appears that Amaya will read in the incorrect HTML, but then only
> crash when it comes time to save the document.

That is due to another problem without any connection with the invalid entity
"&T "
I know you downloaded a preliminary version 1.3b. Did you download the
official 1.3b
version of October 14?

> This is Amaya 1.3b, on Alpha, but I suspect it is generic.
> Here is a snippet of the HTML that caused the crash.
>
> <LI>  <A HREF="http://www.crl.dec.com/personal/jg/InternetTalk.html">
> 	jg's June 15, 1994, IM&T Seminar Series Talk, August 8 and 25, LKG</A>
>
> Thanks for saving the file before dying; it saved some editing.
> 				- Jim

What was your last command? A save as?