Re: Amaya 1.3b

Ramzi GUETARI wrote:

> Are you using Win95 or Win98 ?
>
> Because on Win95 there is no problem with PNG files even without
> .PNG in the file name. However, We have not yet make tests on
> WIN98.
>
>   Ramzi.
>
> >It is a problem with windows 95/98. I can not view the PNG files on my
> >own computer. I guess windows needs a PNG on the end of the file to
> >view it.
> >I can view the PNG images with all my browsers on the internet.
> >Jim FitzSimons
> >Mailto:cherry@neta.com
>
> --
> Ramzi GUETARI                          |  Tel: (33) 4 76 61 52 38
> World Wide Web Consortium / INRIA      |  Fax: (33) 4 76 61 52 52
> 655 Avenue de l'Europe                 |  e-mail: Ramzi.Guetari@w3.org
> 38330 Montbonnot Saint Martin - France |  http://www.w3.org
>
>              http://opera.inrialpes.fr/guetari/index.html
I just checked Windows 98 and it requires .PNG on the end to view the
PNG images. Windows 95 is the same. The Browsers can view the images
without the .PNG on the end but not any other application
even paintshop pro. They all say unknown format when I try to load the
image without the .PNG on the end. All of these applications have no
problem with images with the .PNG on the end.
I think it would be more standard to always include the .PNG on the end.
Jim FitzSimons
Mailto:cherry@neta.com