Re: Amaya 1.3b

> Jim wrote:
>
> 	> Why it is not w3c_home.PNG so we know what it is?
>
> 	It would make sense.

When this page is on a Web server, this allows the server to return the
right format (png, gif, jpg, tif, bmp, etc.) according to:
 - the list of formats supported by the browser (specified in the http header)
 - the list of formats available on the server.
It's called the content negotiation

In our example, the W3C server returns w3c_home.PNG to Amaya and perhaps
w3c_home.gif to another browser.

Summary information about graphics on the Web is given at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/Activity