Rule names (was: Re: publishing)

jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:
> by rule == one of your httpd server's access control rules.
>
> Should be cleared if we change it to say "by your server".
>
> I don't know if you're authorized to write to the server, though. If
> it's so, there's a bug in the current release when editing a remote file.
> Amaya reports that the save failed, even though it succeded.
>
> To go around it, add to your thot.rc (or .thotrc file) the following
> line:
>
>         NO_REREAD_CHECK=yes
>
> We already fixed this bug and it'll be out in a forthcoming minor release.
>
> Note that the syntax of the above rule will change to:
>
>         DISABLE_PUT_CHECK
>
> (or some other nicer sounding name).

If you change the rule, please only use positive rules: Make it
something like REREADCHECK or PUT_CHECK and not disable_.... or
no_....!!! This avoids problems for peoples who don't read english verry
well. Specially the no_... version is often misunderstood as the
NumberOf_...... I would have the NO_REREAD_CHECK given a number value: 0
for none and 2 for twice!.

So for this (new) rule:
	PUT_CHECK=true

Corne

--
Try not to let implementation details sneak into design documents.
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland