Re: pasting the selection from an xterm window into Amaya

Hi Bertrand,

You wrote:

> I am having problems pasting the current selection, from an xterm window
> or Netscape, into an Amaya main document window, whether I use the middle
> mouse button or select the Edit/Paste menu item. However, pasting with the
> middle mouse button in an Amaya dialog box works fine.
>
> I am using Amaya 1.2 on a Solaris 2.5 platform with X11R6.

Commands Cut, Copy and Past from the Edit menu work only with the Amaya
clipboard. This buffer keeps the structure of the stuff you want to copy
or move in documents handled by Amaya, but it cannot be used with other applications, which don't know anything about
such a structure.

If you want to exchange some text between an Amaya document and an xterm
or whatever window, use the X clipboard, which handles plain text.

Amaya -> xterm:  Select in the Amaya document the part you want to copy.
                 Hit the Copy key (or L6 or F6).
                 Paste into an xterm with the middle button of the mouse.

xterm -> Amaya:  Select some text in an xterm.
                 Move the caret to the appropriate position in the Amaya
                 document (you can do that in any view).
                 Hit the Paste key (or L8 or F8).

You can choose different keys for copying and pasting with Amaya.
Just edit file  config/amaya.keyboard

Hope it helps.

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France