Re: Capturing HTTP Requests and Replies

> Some basic questions I haven't found answers to yet... they don't
> appear to be addressed in the developer writeups, or in the archives.
> (BTW, it would be nice to have a search capability on the text of the
> archives).
>
> - Is an API available that would enable one to capture and manipulate
>   all HTTP outgoing requests and incoming replies?
>
>     If so, can this be done in Java as well as C?

If you use amaya-java version.
I'm not sure that there is an HTTP API. Please contact Yves.Lafon@w3.org
for that (He is the person in charge of Java HTTP classes used in Amaya).
But, I know that an API is available to manipulate HTML documents.

> - I've seen that the UI of Amaya can be changed by altering config files,
>   but can I alter the UI on the fly or only at start-up?

Only at start-up in C version. In amaya-java version, it'd be possible to
change UI on the fly.

> - Does Amaya support standard NS/IE plug-ins? If not, does it support
>     any kind of plug-in concept?

Yes, but only on Unix platforms (including Linux) at the moment.

> - Has anyone embedded an ORB in Amaya? In NS, ORBs can only
>     be embedded in applets, not plugins...

I don't think.