Re: amaya make problem on m68k linux.

> I hope I am not wasting your time with this one, but I have searched
> for over a week looking for a solution to this problem before posting
> here.
>
> My system is an Amiga 4000/040 running Linux 2.0.33, XFree86 version
> 3.3.1.  I have sucessfully installed and am using Lesstif 0.81.
>
> I have attempted to install amaya several times trying different
> things with no avail.  I found that I have to make a couple
> changes in order to get as far as I have.  I have to put a link
> to the config file in my /var/tmp directory (that is where I
> installed the source tree).  I also have to create links in the
> /var/tmp/Thot/amaya directory to the grammar files in
> /var/tmp/Thot/batch.  But the following is the problem that
> blows me away.  I assume it is telling me that it can't find
> HTML.STR, but it is in the /var/tmp/Thot/amaya directory, which
> is where it is looking for it.
>
> I "touch" the *.A and *.S files in that directory to rebuild that
> file and still get the same results.
>
> I am including the entire output of "make all" after touching the
> *.A and *.S files.
>
> I am pretty sure it is something stupid, but as I mentioned before,
> I have attempted to solve this my other means before coming here.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenton Groombridge
> kgroombr@interquest.de

I think there was a problem when you downloaded the source tarfile or during
compiling process.
Normally you don't need to create any link, but you need to follow
carefully the autoconf instructions (see http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Autoconf.
html):

1) install source code in the /var/tmp/ directory if you want

2) make a target directory
   cd /var/tmp/Thot
   mkdir obj
   cd obj