Re: Various Problems With 1.2a

[Note: as per Jose's suggestion, I'm now on the mailing list.]

> From: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
> Subject: Re: Various Problems With 1.2a
> Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:30:56 +0200

> > I'm having several problems with the Amaya 1.2a binary for Solaris 2.5.
> >
> >     I cannot get it to print.  I've tried entering the appropriate
> >     string both into the "SetUp and print" dialog box and "THOTPRINTER="
> >     in ".thotrc" to no avail.  The command should be "lp -d ".
> >     I've tried it both with and without quotes around the string.
> >

> I guess you don't have to put a space between "-d" and the printer name "hplj".
> Could you try:
> THOTPRINT=lp -dhplj
> or
> THOTPRINT=lp -c -dhplj

I tried this and received the following upon hitting the "print"
button:

    Command refused by the spooler "lpr - #1 -TAmayaPage.html
        /tmp/Thot11008/Thot11008.ps"

If I start Amaya from a command line and do this, I observe:

    WARNING: cannot open file en-printdialogue
    sh: lpr: not found

So I selected "File -> Setup and print" and changed the "lpr" to
"lp -dhplj" (again, with no space), and received:

    Command refused by the spooler "lp -dhplj - #1 -TAmayaPage.html
        /tmp/Thot11008/Thot11008.ps"

If I start Amaya from a command line and do this, I observe:

    WARNING: cannot open file en-printdialogue
    UX:lp: ERROR: Unrecognized option "-#".

Hmmm...  What is "-#" supposed to do?

(Btw: in normal use, "lp" doesn't care whether there's a space
following the "-d" or not.  At least not here, it doesn't.)

Regards,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                         | Medar, Inc.
jseymour@medar.com                  | 38700 Grand River Ave.