Re: Various Problems With 1.2a

> Subject: Re: Various Problems With 1.2a
> Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:57:08 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: jose.kahan@w3.org
>
> James,
>
> > I'm having several problems with the Amaya 1.2a binary for Solaris 2.5.
> >
> >     If I double-click on the "Amaya Manual" link on the opening page and
> >     then on "Printing documents" on that page, I sometimes (usually) get:
> >
> >       HTTP-GW Internal Documentation
> >
> >       The HTTP-GW is part of the Trusted Information Systems Inc. firewall
> >       toolkit and Gauntlet (TM) product.
>
> This message comes from your proxy or your firewall and not from Amaya.

Yes, I knew that.  (I should've noted that I'm also the firewall
admin.)

> Did you initialize the proxy using the environment variables (http_proxy)
> or the thot.ini file?

In my $HOME/.thotrc file:

    HTTP_PROXY=http://firewall.medar.com:8080

Which is as per the docs.

> It seems you have a problem with your proxy setting.

This is the same proxy setting as used for all of the various browsers
I mentioned in my original email.

>                                                       Try it again using
> the correct URL:
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

As I noted: sometimes it works, sometimes I get the firewall
proxy "intercept".

> > (Btw: I'm not on the mailing list--if it matters.)
> >

> Why not? It's not hard to subscribe to it and it simplifies things for us.

Well, if you *insist* :-).  Done.

Regards,
Jim
---
Jim Seymour                         | Medar, Inc.
jseymour@medar.com                  | 38700 Grand River Ave.
Systems & Network Administrator     | Farmington Hills, MI. 48335-1563