Re: Amaya NT bugs

At 11:58 AM 7/16/97 +0200, Ramzi Guetari wrote:
>Hi Tim,
>
>On what OS have you tested Amaya (Windows NT/Windows 95)?

	Windows/NT  (politburo.w3.org)

>The binary version released last week was tested only on
>Windows NT, All features of Amaya are not yet fully
>implemented, however it works fine (at least on my
>computer :-)).

	Not on mine! :-(

	But did you do some installation of the DLLs into
	system space?  There was no install script I could find
	so I just ran it as unzipped.

> I plan to have a version which runs
>on both NT/95 as soon as possible.

	That would be great but for now neither Henrik nor
	Stephan M nor I have got it to work on NT even.

>There is also some broblems saving URs, i'm not sure but
>this seems to be related to libwww implementation on Windows.

What is the problem? (how dangerous/noticeable)
Do you intend to fix that in libwww?
Do you have plans to migrate to a Java-based HTTP implementation shared
 with Jigsaw?

Tim

>--
>Ramzi GUETARI                           |  Tel: (33) 4 76 61 52 38
>World Wide Web Consortium / INRIA       |  Fax: (33) 4 76 61 52 52
>655 Avenue de l'Europe                  |  e-mail: Ramzi.Guetari@w3.org
>38330 Montbonnot Saint Martin - France  |  http://www.w3.org

Tim Berners-Lee   http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee
Director, World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA
02139 USA
phone://1/617/253 5702     fax://1/617/258/5999  mailto:timbl@w3.org