Re: Problems using PUT

Thanks for your response:

As I indicated in my original post, I am indeed using Apache 1.2 (released
version) and it appears to deal correctly with HTTP/1.1 requests. Further,
the 'PUT' operation functions correctly using Netscape communicator
remotely...

I do believe this is probably the timing problem that I've seen talked
about on this list between amaya and an Apache server running on the same
machine, so again, I'm asking if anyone can verify this, or has advice on
how to remedy the situation?

Since my first writing, I obtained and installed a different PUT script
(written in C, I believe it came straight from CERN and was linked to from
the w3 site. I realize that this should still not be considered secure,
but I'm just trying to implement this on a test basis for now.

At any rate, the C put program exhibits the exact same behavior as the
PERL script I was using - works remotely with communicator but I get
corrupted/aborted saves locally using amaya.

As always, any further information appreciated,

Bryan