Re: Amaya extensions DTD Model & Presentations...

Hi,

>  Hello,
>
>     I'm a student currently working on extensibility of Web Browsers to support
>     new DTD Models ( to manage new documents ) and their associated presentation
>     form.The goal of my survey is to build a complete (simple) environnement to
>     manage documents ( Browsers, Servers, indexation engine...) for hospitals.
>
>     I would like to know where i can find Browsers-sources to achieve my work,
>     and when Amaya sources will be released.

Our plan is to make the source code of Amaya available to W3C members by the end of
December (one month later for other users).

>     Can Amaya support new DTDs and presentation models ?
>     Does the API gives access to internal tree-structure of the documents?,or
>     interactivity with new Tags developped?

Amaya is a Web application based on the Thot generic toolkit which allows one:
  - to extend the HTML structure (the HTML structure is described by an external file)
  - to write new presentation models (each presentation model is also an external file)
  - to manage documents internal tree-structure through an API (each change in the
     tree-structure is automatically reported into the displayed image of the document by the
     Thot toolkit itself).
The Thot toolkit is a part of the Amaya source code.