Re: SVG in HTML

Le lundi 29 septembre 2008 à 07:54 +1000, Charles McCathieNevile a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> there is a discussion in HTML WG about how to incorporate SVG into HTML
> (the loose sloppy language, not just XHTML). See for example the thread
> around [1], in reply to which I promised to ask your opinion. An important
> question is whether it is easier to do this if the language is strict
> XML-like SVG, or whether broken syntax (like HTML) should be accepted.

We experimented the integration of SVG and MathML into HTML (not just
XHTML). I could work as the integration of an object or image: the
tolerant parser used for HTML calls the XML strict parser to parse
MathML and SVG.
Today Amaya reports an error in that case to encourage the use of
strictly XML well-formed pages, but there is no problem to work this
way.

> There are two current proposals. One came from some people in the HTML
> Working group, and it would allow mixing case in elements, non-well-formed
> XML, would not allow namespaces nor some existing SVG elements. The other
> is from the SVG working group, and the basis is that it would require SVG
> to stay compatible with existing tools, by being strictly XML well-formed,
> with namespaces, etc.

I hope SVG will stay strictly XML well-formed.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA