Re: gtk_set_locale

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:57:41 +0300
Grigory Bakunov <black@asplinux.ru> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:28:59 +0100
> Irene Vatton <irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
>
> IV> I think Atsuhiko Yamanaka is right. The ENABLE_MUKTIKEY comes
> IV> from the Motif version and there is no reason in the GTK version
> IV> to test that variable.
> As you wish :)
> But i need to say what i send patch with setlocale call more than two years
> ago. May be it's time to add setlocale or gtk_set_locale call at least ? :)

I guess your patch was integrated in the Motif version (we added a call to setlocale
in Amaya/thotlib/dialogue/interface.c) but there was a still confusion in the GTK
version.
We provided a support for multykey in Amaya long time ago because some
Unix platforms didn't provide it. This support lets the user enter the sequence
'e to generate a é. If the user wanted to use that specific Amaya support
he had to define the variable ENABLE_MULTIKEY=yes.
As GTK provides a correct support for multykey, we don't develop a
specific support in the GTK version but the test of the ENABLE_MULTIKEY
was still there.

> Sorry for my tone, i realy love amaya, just i bored to add gtk_set_locale
> to each build of amaya :)

Now it will be fixed.

--
     Irene.