cascade order

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:39:31 -0500
To: www-amaya-dev@w3.org
By my reading of cascade order in
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1
the author sheet has more importance than the reader sheet
unless flagged as !important.
Thus the browser setting of grey should be overridden by
whatever setting is on an site with specific stylesheets
My site at http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/home.htm
should appear with brown background as set in my zestyle.css
However when viewed with Amaya it takes on the default
setting as set in preferences. I believe that this is incorrect
and may be part of the problem when viewing www.w3.org
with preference background set to grey.

I will now test to see where Amaya.css fits into mix.
It should override UA preference but not the authors setting!

John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel
Mystery readers may want to click on DOROTHYL