finding file names -- part two

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:26:56 -0500
To: www-amaya-dev@w3.org
As a test on my own site i called up

http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/mathml.htm

and noted using file/document info that the filename was clipped
and then entered

http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/

which takes me to my home page which is a frames one
 (correctly displayed) but file/document  showed
 the name as http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/mathml.htm
that is it didn't update the name when an aliasing occured.
I would call that a bug -- not a critical one -- but it reveals
an area to be worked on
  doc info routine when
1] redirect or aliasing occurs
2] long doc names clip or not, which end, ellipses if clipped

John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel
Mystery readers may want to click on DOROTHYL