Re: The "LINK_NUMBER" variable in the HTMLP.P

> There is a "LINK_NUMBER" variable in amaya source code(HTMLP.P).
>  If I want to show the index of links in the increasing order on the
> screen,how to make use of it?

The LINK_NUMBER is a compiling option for generating the HTML presentation.
We currently use it only at the print time.
If you want to use it on the screen you have to change the compiling
directive in the file Amaya/amaya/Makefile.in
-          $$PRS $(ALL_AMAYA_OPTIONS) HTMLP ;\
+          $$PRS $(ALL_AMAYA_OPTIONS) -DLINK_NUMBER HTMLP ;\

but today this piece of P language is a designed to be displayed with pages
and perhaps need some update when you want to use it without page.

> I have tried to turn on the "LINK_NUMBER" flag at the compile time.
> After compile is done,the amaya browser always show (0) in the front of
> the link ? What is the problem with it ?

You have to assign an internal attribute HTML_ATTR_InternalLink for generating
numbers.
See the function SetInternalLinks in Amaya/amaya/HTMLbook.c

> Can anyone tell me ?
>
> 			regards
> I am apologized for my poor English  :~~

  Irene.