Re: questions about adding new buttons

Hi Tiana,

It would be more easy for us to receive your messages in a simple text format.
Now I'll try to answer your questions.

I have three qestions that I think you can help me with (I'm runing =Amaya on
Win98 platform, I downloaded source from CVS week ago.):

I'm tring to change the button bar, say, I'm tring to add a new button. =
The questions I have are the following:

1. In order to add a new button(I name it NEW), I need to create a =
NEW.xpm file to define the image of the button. Do u have any idea how =
to do that? I can create a .tif file, is there anyway I can convert?

The Unix version uses the xpm format, so we have one .xpm file for each button.
The Windows version doesn't use the xpm format but a toolbar1.bmp image that
includes all available buttons.
We usually first generates on Linux the xpm files (a colored button and its
black/white version) with the right size (16x16). Then we genrate the bmp
format of that file (xv and xpaint very useful for that).
After that you have to copy and paste the image at the right place into the
toolbar image either under Linux or under Windows.
In the code you refer the button by its position in the toolbar. See the
example
of the stop button in the file Amaya/amaya/init.c

2. Would you please tell me how to resize the buttons? Which file I need =
to change to redefine the look of the buttons?

On Windows the button size is not free I guess. To change the look of a
button edit the file Amaya/amaya/toolbar1.bmp or files Amaya/amaya/xpm/*.xpm

3. I'm be able to add the NEW button by modifying the InitDocView =
function in the init.c file, amaya.h file, amayamsg.h file(to define to =
msg when cursor points to the button), en-amayamsg file.=20

After rebuild it and run the rescandialogue, the NEW was added, but when =
I point the cursor to the NEW, no tip msg at all.
I don't know what the problem is, but I found a mismatch between =
amayamsg.h which stopped at
#define AMAYA_MSG_MAX    190.=20
But  en-amayamsg file stopped defining the msg at 189. so when I add a =
new definition at amayamsg.h (191), how can I define its content in =
en-amayamsg(name it 190 or 191 ?).

AMAYA_MSG_MAX gives the number of messages that should be loaded when the
application is launched. If you add a new message you should increment that
value too.

Your kindness help will really really help me out. Thanks  a lot.

  Irene.