Re: version 2.3 bugs in windows 95

> the download and the install procedures went
> very smooth this time.  Unfortunately there are
> some bugs remaining that had been reported
> in version .2

ATTENTION: The 2.3 version is not officially out.
We're still in beta test!!!

> 1] cache directory name will not allow spaces
>  in folder name.  For example i want to use
>  c:/Program Files/Amaya/blahblah to
> associate the cache with the Amaya stuff.
> each attempt to save this removes the space
> so i get a new folder called programfiles

It will fixed in the 2.3 official release.

> 2] the default background color (light-grey) is
> still not rendered correctly in a 256 color pallette
> [not everyone has tru color pallette available and
> 256 color should be tested as well as 640x480]
> it turns out white with blue dots...... several other
> colors are not handled well either.

That depends on the current state of your computer.
If you have a set of icons displayed on your screen you
quickly saturate the 256 color palette. Amaya has an
algorithm to get an approximate color when it cannot obtain
the requested one. Of course the result depends on the
current set of allocated colors. Greys are the especially
cases where the result could be the most surprising.

> 3] My site starts with a frameset page.  This doc
> verifies under tidy.exe as a 4.01 frameset but
> does not display correctly with Amaya.  There are
> many sites out there with frames and frames is
> not a new concept so it is surprising that it can't
> be interpreted......

Frames support is not our priority.

Thanks for the report.
  Irene.