[aapi] Minutes: UAI TF Meeting Tue 03 June 2014

Link: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

           Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
                              03 Jun 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/06/03-aapi-irc


          Joanmarie_Diggs, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa,



          joanie, clown


     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]News: Heart beat publication aiming for Jun 12.
         2. [5]ATK/AT-SPI new role mappings for 1.1 (Joseph,
         3. [6]Address html5.1 mappings in this meeting.
         4. [7]ACTION-1371/ISSUE-618 (Cynthia): IE and single
            selection container when item becomes unselected.
         5. [8]ACTION-1409 (Joanie): Monitor progress of new
            position/level API.
     * [9]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 03 June 2014

   <clown> RRSAgent: make log public

   <clown> agenda: this

   <clown> agenda: be done.

   <joanie> Scribenick: joanie

News: Heart beat publication aiming for Jun 12.

   JS: Yesterday's PF meeting we discussed the next heart beat
   ... Any and all edits have to be done by this Friday.
   ... I guess the process is Michael takes the documents to
   someone and asks if we can publish them.

ATK/AT-SPI new role mappings for 1.1 (Joseph, Joanie).

   JS: Mostly informative for Joanie.
   ... Prior to releasing ARIA 1.0, we got a list of changes from
   GNOME Accessibility.
   ... Given the timeframe, we couldn't make these changes without
   significant delays.
   ... GNOME gave a "go ahead" provided we make the changes as
   soon as possible.
   ... I think this heart beat is this "as soon as possible" time.
   ... I made 13 changes to the role mapping table that matched
   the requests from GNOME Accessibility.
   ... There were a couple that I wanted to touch base with Joanie

   <clown> scribenick: clown

   JS: One change I have not done is for role="article". That is
   currently mapped to ROLE_DOCUMENT_FRAME, but should be
   ... I think I can go ahead an make that change.

   JD: The short answer is yes.
   ... It was introduced in verssion 2.12


     [10] https://developer.gnome.org/atk/2.10/

   <janina> We should have all the substantive AT-SPI edits, even
   if that means a little delay

   JS: Currently our references section points to ATK 2.10
   ... A problem is that reference is put in via biblio, not us.
   ... I'll have to look to see how to reference 2.12.


     [11] https://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable/AtkObject.html

   JD: You can specifiy stable, or a specific version.

   <janina> I think there's also a version specific URI?

   <joanie> [12]https://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable

     [12] https://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable

   JS: Right now, all one does in the documents is [ATK].
   ... and that produces a references to ATK 2.10
   ... Do I do: [ATK2.12]?
   ... I guess I experiment.

   <joanie> scribenick: joanie

   JD: Is there a way to change the link pointed to by [ATK] to
   reference 'stable' in the URL rather than the particular
   version, e.g. '2.10'?
   ... Making this change would solve things long term, and with
   GNOME on a six-month release cycle this change might be

   JS: Chances are we'll be behind as we're not on a six-month
   release cycle
   ... I'll see if I can do this.
   ... The reference section comes "for free".
   ... The other question is a change to aria-checked.
   ... You (Joanie) want to expose ATK_STATE_CHECKABLE
   ... That's ok in and of itself.
   ... But there are other changes that would need to be made.
   ... The other changes were one-liners.
   ... aria-checked is in six different places.
   ... It's going to take some time. But I'll try.

   JD: Ok, thanks.
   ... Were those the only two?

   JS: There's another issue with checkable.



   JS: That's the closest I can get. Scroll down to menu item.



   <clown> In the role mapping table for role="menuitem", for ATK
   it says: If aria-checked is not undefined, support object
   attribute checkable:true

   JS: I want to remove the above as aria-checked doesn't apply to

   JD: Fine with me.

   JS: Then I will make the state changes to the other two
   (menuitemradio and menuitemcheckbox).

   (Group discusses if listboxes can contain checkable items
   independent of multiselect)

   JS: In ARIA 1.1, we changed the taxonomy so that options no
   longer support being checked.
   ... This was when I was on vacation.


     [15] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/spec/aria.html#option

   JD: If there is UI where this is possible (and from the
   discussion that seems to be the case), was it a mistake to make
   this change in 1.1?

   <clown> [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#option

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#option

   JS: I saw an example of checkable listbox items in Swing.

   <bgaraventa1979> I've seen the same in dc++

   <bgaraventa1979> [17]http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

     [17] http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/


     [18] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/stuff/html/select-multiple-checkbox-list/



   JS: This topic was off the agenda, actually.

   JD: But should we re-raise the above examples to the TF?

   JS: The two you (joanie) came up with, the checkbox just shows
   that they are selected.

   BG: The scenario that is important to bring up is a list box of
   options and checking it changes the value of the option.

   JD: Is the consensus that we need to do more investigation?

   JS: I think so. But I cannot do it this week.

   <scribe> ACTION: joanie to investigate whether or not listbox
   selection can really be independent of checkbox state. Due 10
   June. [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1448 - Investigate whether or not
   listbox selection can really be independent of checkbox state.
   due 10 june. [on Joanmarie Diggs - due 2014-06-10].

   JS: We decided that we are no longer using tracker, but are
   supposed to log issues in bugzilla instead.

Address html5.1 mappings in this meeting.

   JS: The PF group wants us to consider adding to our task list
   the HTML 5 mappings to accessibility APIs.
   ... There will be another document.
   ... The editor of that document is Jason Kiss.
   ... He will join us for the meetings in which we discuss this.
   ... Are we willing to take on this work here?

   CS: Who else is going to do it?

   JD: I can for ATK

   CS: I think we should.
   ... As far as writing down what should go where.

   JS: There's already a document out there that does it for all
   of the tags.
   ... And in some cases the attributes.
   ... But it had been doing it in the HTML working group.

   CS: But it hasn't been edited in two years.


     [21] http://rawgit.com/w3c/html-api-map/master/index.html

   CS: I am no longer going to be an editor.
   ... Jason may have done something in the last few weeks.

   JS: Any thoughts on how we're going to do it?
   ... Do we just add it to our list of actions?
   ... Or do we do it every other week, or....?

   BG: No idea.

   CS: I think we could add it every other week to start with.

   JS: Janina stated that our meeting time would work for Jason.
   ... It is now 08:00(ish) in New Zealand.
   ... I will go back to the PF group and tell them yes we are
   willing to do this.
   ... And working out the next steps.
   ... I don't think we want to do this until after the heartbeat.

   CS: That makes sense.

ACTION-1371/ISSUE-618 (Cynthia): IE and single selection container
when item becomes unselected.

   <clown> action-1371?

   <trackbot> action-1371 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate what ie
   does for single selection container when item becomes
   unselected, and create a test case (issue-618). -- due
   2014-05-29 -- OPEN


     [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1371

   CS: Give me another week.

ACTION-1409 (Joanie): Monitor progress of new position/level API.

   <clown> action-1409?

   <trackbot> action-1409 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Monitor progress
   of bug against atk in gnome's bugzilla requesting new position,
   level, and other api be added
   ([23]https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453) -- due
   2014-04-15 -- OPEN

     [23] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453)


     [24] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1409

   JD: This is still in progress. It's stalled on the GNOME side.

   <clown> action-1441?

   <trackbot> action-1441 -- Cynthia Shelly to Check how far back
   queryselector goes in ie -- due 2014-05-26 -- CLOSED


     [25] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1441

   <clown> action-1444?

   <trackbot> action-1444 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Investigate the
   ideal atk/at-spi2 mapping for role presentation in tables and
   lists. -- due 2014-06-03 -- OPEN


     [26] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1444

   JD: As far as I'm concerned, I am done.

   JS: I guess we should leave it open until the implementors tell
   us what they are going to do.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: joanie to investigate whether or not listbox
   selection can really be independent of checkbox state. Due 10
   June. [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-06-03 20:08:54 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Tuesday, 3 June 2014 20:11:02 UTC