Re: Meeting Minutes: : [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Agenda Tue Dec 09 2014

Rich wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2014/12/09-aapi-minutes.html
>
> Rich Schwerdtfeger

Text only version:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

            Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/09-aapi-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Joseph_Scheuhammer, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, [Microsoft]

    Regrets
           Joanie_Diggs, David_Bolter, Bryan_Garaventa

    Chair
           Joseph_Scheuhammer

    Scribe
           Rich

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]ACTION-1311/ACTION-1444/ACTION-1445: (Joseph,
             Cynthia) Clarify that presentation role should
             preserve separation of nodes within tables/lists.
          2. [5]ACTION-1254: (Joseph) Consume/cancel keydown event
             when keypress is consumed/cancelled.
          3. [6]ACTION-1542: (Joanie) Verify the commit for mozilla
             bug 1013584 and report the atk role to joseph.
          4. [7]ACTION-1531/ISSUE-435: (David) investigate ia2
             mapping of role="text".
      * [8]Summary of Action Items

    <trackbot> Date: 09 December 2014

    <scribe> scribenick: clown

    <scribe> agenda: this

    <richardschwerdtfeger>
    [9]http://127.0.0.1/~richardschwerdtfeger/aria/svg-aam/svg-aam.
    html

    [10]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

      [10] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

    [11]http://w3c.github.io/aria/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

      [11] http://w3c.github.io/aria/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

    <richardschwerdtfeger>
    [12]http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

      [12] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

    [13]http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_st
    ate-property

      [13] http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_state-property

    take up item 1

    action-1396?

    <trackbot> action-1396 -- Cynthia Shelly to Modify uaig to
    convey grid role in accessibility mappings, beyond table.
    (atk/atspi/ ia2 xml-role=grid, macosx: roledescription: grid,
    msaa/uiaexpress localizedcontroltype="grid"?) -- due 2014-11-15
    -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1396

      [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1396

    JS: It's closed

    CS: I just did it.

    <richardschwerdtfeger> scribe: Rich

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: action 1396 is done

    [15]http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-g
    rid

      [15] http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-grid

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: It looks like you want to change the
    UIA entry too

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: … the TR

    MSAA+UIA ROLE_SYSTEM_TABLE

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: what should this be now?

    UIA is DataGrid + seleciton pattern.

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: IT should be the same as the UIA one

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: It does fall back to table in MSAA
    if an legacy AT tries to access it

    <richardschwerdtfeger> Rich: does this only Windows 10 or does
    it go all the way back

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: it goes all the way back

    take up next item

    <richardschwerdtfeger> action 1396 reasigned to joseph

    <trackbot> Error finding '1396'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users>.

      [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/users

    action-1104?

    <trackbot> action-1104 -- Cynthia Shelly to Define what the
    accessibility API mapping is for UIA on aria-describedby in
    section 5.5.1 table when the element does not exist in the
    accessibility tree such as when css: display:none applies --
    due 2015-01-14 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1104

      [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1104

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: Action 1104 now changed to January
    14

ACTION-1311/ACTION-1444/ACTION-1445: (Joseph, Cynthia) Clarify that
presentation role should preserve separation of nodes within
tables/lists.

    action-1445?

    <trackbot> action-1445 -- Cynthia Shelly to Investigate the
    ideal uai mapping for role presentation in tables and lists. --
    due 2014-11-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1445

      [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1445

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: on FF on IA2 if you have a table
    with role=“presentation” the cells are exposed as text frames.
    In ATK they are exposed as text. What about UIA?

    Text

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: text

    <richardschwerdtfeger> CS: Text Pattern

    action-1311?

    <trackbot> action-1311 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Clarify that
    presentation role should preserve separation of nodes within
    tables/lists; work out in UAIG 1.1 and with
    implementors/vendors how to resolve this. -- due 2014-11-15 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1311

      [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1311

    <richardschwerdtfeger> Rich: we need to deal with mapping of
    text content

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: Alex we need to deal text api
    mapping like AccessibleText

    <richardschwerdtfeger> Issue: Create a section in Core to
    address accessible text API for text content

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-687 - Create a section in core to
    address accessible text api for text content. Please complete
    additional details at
    <[20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/687/edit>.

      [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/687/edit

    <richardschwerdtfeger> Rich: we need this for SVG as well

    [21]http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#toc

      [21] http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#toc

    <richardschwerdtfeger> Rich: A good place would be to put this
    in a new section under 5.6 that deals with text, test styling,
    caret position, etc.

    [22]https://developer.gnome.org/atk/unstable/AtkText.html

      [22] https://developer.gnome.org/atk/unstable/AtkText.html

    [23]http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs
    /html/interface_i_accessible_text.html

      [23] http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/interface_i_accessible_text.html

    [24]http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs
    /html/interface_i_accessible_text2.html

      [24] http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/interface_i_accessible_text2.html

    [25]http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs
    /html/interface_i_accessible_editable_text.html

      [25] http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/interface_i_accessible_editable_text.html

    <cyns>
    [26]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff3
    84841(v=vs.85).aspx

      [26] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff384841(v=vs.85).aspx

    action-1444?

    <trackbot> action-1444 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Update
    atk/at-spi2 mapping for role presentation in tables and lists.
    -- due 2014-11-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [27]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1444

      [27] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1444

ACTION-1254: (Joseph) Consume/cancel keydown event when keypress is
consumed/cancelled.

    action-1254?

    <trackbot> action-1254 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Work with
    WebApps working group to ensure that DOM spec states when a
    keydown event is consumed/cancelled that the corresponding
    keypress event is also cancelled. -- due 2014-12-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1254

      [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1254

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: It works in all the browsers and I
    contacted webapps to see if this was acceptable.

    [29]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pfwg/raw-file/default/ARIA-UAIG/1.0/
    tests/test-files/test22.html

      [29] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pfwg/raw-file/default/ARIA-UAIG/1.0/tests/test-files/test22.html

    [30]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dom3events/raw-file/tip/html/DOM3-Ev
    ents.html#event-type-keydown

      [30] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dom3events/raw-file/tip/html/DOM3-Events.html#event-type-keydown

    If this event is canceled, the associated event types MUST NOT
    be dispatched, and the associated actions MUST NOT be
    performed.

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: if you go here this is one of the
    webapps documents. This is the keydown section of the DOM
    Events spec.

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: I included this in my email to
    Travis and I asked if my interpretation was correct

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: Leave this action open so that I can
    make sure that I have heard from Travis.

ACTION-1542: (Joanie) Verify the commit for mozilla bug 1013584 and
report the atk role to joseph.

    <richardschwerdtfeger> JS: Next week is the last meeting for
    this year

    Joanie not here, skip it.

ACTION-1531/ISSUE-435: (David) investigate ia2 mapping of
role="text".

    David is not here. Leave for next year.

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version
     1.140 ([32]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-12-09 20:43:49 $

      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
      [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -