Re: Using aria-haspopup to simulate hover on touch-enabled devices (Windows)

On 2013-12-12 2:09 PM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:
> One concern I have is that hover can be used for many things, not just
> for menus, and if devs start implementing aria-haspopup on all
> elements that show hover activity, screen readers like JAWS and NVDA
> will be announcing "Menu" and "Submenu" everywhere.

Right.  The spec states that aria-haspopup is for menus:
" Indicates that the element has a popup context menu or sub-level menu."

I goes on to say that tooltips are not considered popups; tooltips
generally "pop up" on a mouse hover.  That entails that aria-haspopup
should not be used except to indicate that there is a menu associated
with the current element.

Is Microsoft applying aria-haspopup to *any* content that can be
revealed on hover?

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -