Re: False aria-describedby expectations in ARIA Authoring Practices (longdesc)

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Jonas Sicking, Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:08:11 -0700:
>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>
>> >In fact, we could even display a context menu item
>> for each link if there are multiple as aria-describedby allows
>> pointing to multiple elements, many of which could be links.
>
> Then some would use @aria-describedby for the purpose of the link,
> while others would use it for the purpose of its text content = purpose
> crash.

That is your interpretation of the ARIA spec. One that I don't agree
with. And based on the subject of this thread, one that the spec
editors might not agree with either.

My interpretation is that everyone should see the link. *That* would
be the best solution for everyone. No matter what we do with regards
to @longdesc it seems that it's better for AT users if they do indeed
see the semantics of the elements pointed to by aria-describedby.

/ Jonas