Re: use of aria-hidden to provide a text description not visible on the page.

Sorry for the lack of context. This thread was about labeling visible elements with hidden labels, for whatever reason.

For example, the Mozilla engine used to pass the labelledby relationship back to the API which would not see the label due to the fact that it was also hidden. However, in conversation, we decided that the rendering engine should pass on the computed string label (e.g. "My Label" for the dialog) to the API regardless of whether the labeling element is hidden. This is the "relatively recent" change I mentioned. It didn't specifically apply to the @aria-hidden state.

	<h2 style="display:none" id="label">My Label</h2>
	… dialog contents …