Re: use of aria-hidden to provide a text description not visible on the page.

hi leif,
so are you saying it shouldn't do what it does?

the definition of aria-hidden starts with

"Indicates that the element is not visible or perceivable to any user."
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/complete#aria-hidden

which is exactly the same sentence in the definition of hidden you cited:
"Indicates that the element is not visible or perceivable to any user."

also I got the idea from James Craig's email that my interpretation was
confirmed.

"That's correct. The label of visible elements should still be exposed to
accessibility APIs (as a computed string), even if the labeling element
(that contained all or some of that string) is hidden."

regards
stevef

--
with regards