Re: use of aria-hidden to provide a text description not visible on the page.

  Hi James,

The browser already knows what is visible and what is not. The reason
aria-hidden was added in the first place was for assistive technology
that looked directly at the DOM (and didn't rely solely on the
accessibility tree exposed on the desktop). Personally, I would have
preferred aria-hidden be removed from the spec than have it actually
prune the accessibility tree.

What should we do if focus goes into this aria-hidden section of the DOM?

Cheers,
David