Re: Draft text for summary attribute definition

Hallo Steve --

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Philip,
> as far as i know HTML5 doesn't define the role attribute and there has
> not been any serious movement towards doing so (as far as I am aware),
> but WAI ARIA does. And as far as I know it is expected that the editor
> will  work on ARIA in HTML5 integration, he has indicated that this is
> his plan, but is waiting on the ARIA UA implementation documentation
> to be completed to his satisfaction.

OK, then would it not be tenable /at the moment/ to
propose 'role="layout"', with a comment to indicate
that when and if HTML 5 is specified to use ARIA
role names, then the choice of "layout" would need
to be re-visited (unless the ARIA specification had
itself changed in the meantime to permit the use
of "layout") ?

Philip TAYLOR