Re: Request to Strengthen the HTML5 Accessibility Design Principle

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Laura Carlson wrote:

> What has been missing in principle and in practice in that specific
> portion of the proposal is *collaborating with WAI groups* to reach
> *mutually agreeable* accessibility solutions. Lack of collaboration has
> impeded mutually agreeable issue resolution. [...]
>
> The HTML and WAI working groups should be collaborating, reaching
> higher, and seeking/finding ways of advancing accessibility
> solutions…not merely trying to maintain the status quo and trying to
> prevent regression due to removal of features without functional
> replacements.

Do you have any concrete proposals for ways in which we could do this?

Is this the kind of collaboration you had in mind?:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0173.html

I haven't yet replied to the replies to that, would doing so help? Is
that what you mean by collaboration?