Re: PROPOSAL: Procedure to Promote Progress With Accessibility Issues in HTML5

Ian Hickson wrote:
>  (I have been informed that in fact the WAI groups are more interested in voting on
> whether summary="" is in or out than on voting on what accessibility
> solutions should be used to make tables accessible, for instance.)

and again.

> Can the WAI commit to approaching accessibility issues holistically,
> instead of following one-solution agendas as I was recently informed is
> explicitly being done with the summary="" issue?

What is that supposed to mean? We are /all/ about holistic solutions,
however the current vote (as I understand it) is to be about @summary as
it currently is. While we (PF) do wish to talk about engineering a
better solution (as I am sure we can come up with one) this is /not/ on
the table at the moment.

Cheers

Josh