Re: drag'n'drop is grab'n'drop for non-visual users

looking at chess with vo, this is how it is done, I like to call it
mark and drop.

On Jan 5, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Chris Blouch wrote:

This is what we concluded in the DHTML style guide:

http://dev.aol.com/dhtml_style_guide#draganddrop

The suggested Control+M mainly is used to signal that the set of
objects we want to take action on is now complete which makes it
easier for the developer to analyze the set and mark appropriate drop
targets. Without this signal the set of available drop targets
analysis would need to be done with each addition or subtraction to/
from the set of items to be dragged, potentially a computationally
expensive task.

CB