RE: drag'n'drop is grab'n'drop for non-visual users

aloha, sean!

chapter and verse of the minutes where this discussion took place:

http://www.w3.org/2008/12/08-pf-minutes.html#item08

(actually, the discussion begins about a third of the way into the TOPIC,
due to failure to declare a new topic: Drag'n'Drop

if you review the minutes, you will disciver that i originally did
propose re-using copy and cut commands for selecting items, grabbing
them, and dropping them -- it was the overwhelming response of those on
the ARIA call at which this was discussed that control+V and control+C
have specific meanings outside of the drag'n'drop concept that should
not impinge on the drag'n'drop operation, hence my suggestion that the
user:

1. be able to select items to grab using the "standard" commands:
SHIFT plus SpaceBar to select sequentially and CONTROL plus SpaceBar to
select non-consecutive items

2. be able to grab items using the MODIFIER plus G keystroke AFTER
selecting the objects to be moved/copied;

3. be able to drop items on a designated target using the MODIFIER plus
D keystroke, once the target is in focus...

i hope this helps, gregory.

CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net