Re: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status

William Loughborough wrote:
> I guess it depends on which "October" you're talking about!
>
> This whole "war" over HTML 5 seems to ignore the fact that although it's
> easy enough for vendors to implement many of its points, on the whole
> this thing will take many years to complete and then it will be totally
> obsolete.
>
> Love.

I did not mention any "war", and I humbly suggest that you trimmed too
much in my email; enough so that you may have missed my point entirely.

The issue I raised was not one of new features that may or may not be
implemented in the near or even far future.  Instead I mentioned that
the HTML 5 specification, as currently drafted, marks as non-conformant
a number of features that are present in HTML 4 and are widely and
interoperably implemented in browsers today

Gaining consensus that such features should not [removed or not be
added, depending on your perspective] from/to HTML 5 is something that I
don't see us gaining consensus on any time soon, and remains the largest
hurdle I see for this working group to get to Last Call.

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net
> <mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net>> wrote:
>
>     ...I remain deeply skeptical on the notion of this working group
>     reaching Last Call in October.

- Sam Ruby