ARIA setsize attribute

From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:29:09 +0800
To: wai-xtech@w3.org
Cc: David Bolter <dbolter@mozilla.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Hi.

The ARIA specification says "This property is marked on the members of
a set, not the container element that collects the members of the set.
" (see http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/states_and_properties#aria-setsize).
However the same time it provides an example where the aria-setsize is
used on the container element:

<ul role="listbox" aria-setsize="16" aria-labelledby="label_fruit">
  <li role="option" aria-posinset="1"> apples </li>

I find the idea to define aria-setsize on the container element
reasonable and useful and I would happy if the user agents would take
into account the aria-setsize on the container only. But I'm fine with
either way because currently aria-setsize is supposed to be used on
the item.

Can the spec be fixed?

Thank you.
Alex.