RE: accessibility conformance/approval logos and web content accessibility checkers

aloha, john!

thank you for the VERY valuable addendum -- two of the main bugbears
of the web is the lack of specific, actionable contact information
as well as date-stamping and corporate, institutional, departmental, and
personal accountability...

i would also like to take this opportunity to list a few other excellent
resources, which i neglected to include in my initial list -- again, the
list of resources i provided is FAR from comprehensive, but that is
intentional, as i, too, want to learn what other materials pertaining
to web accessibility guidelines are currently available:

another excellent reference site on web design is that which is
maintained by Laura Carlson:

http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/

laura's collection of resources include:

1. an Accessibility Section
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/accessibility.html

2. Accessibility Statements
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/accessibility.html#statements

3. Testing, Checking, Validating
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/accessibility.html#testingaccess

4. Accessibility Tools
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/tools.html#accesstools

5. laura's own Accessibility Statement:
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/about/access_statement.html

in addition laura sends out a weekly newsletter for updates:
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/webdev_listserv.html#overview

ACCOUNTABILITY, n. The mother of caution.
                 -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
         Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
      Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
   Read 'Em & Speak: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/books/
UBATS-United Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org