Re: Valuenow not defined for input type controls?

That is not what typicaly happens for comboboxes in real life GUIs. I
believe the nave is used from the children. Valuenow is used on range
objects.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             "Becky Gibson"
             <Becky_Gibson@not
             esdev.ibm.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  wai-xtech@w3.org
             wai-xtech-request                                          cc
             @w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Valuenow not defined for input
             01/08/2008 10:02          type controls?
             AM

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well nor did I ask the right question.

When I create a combobox using an element other than an input field, I
need some way to set the value of that combobox.  In Dojo we have been
using the ARIA valuenow property since the element that we assign the role
of combobox may not have an HTML value property.  But, ARIA does not
define a valuenow property for combobox.  There needs to be some way to
set the value on a combobox so I think a valuenow or value property should
be defined for all of the form-type roles.

The current Role specification lists the definition for the abstract input
role as, "Generic type for widgets that can have a value."   However,
there is no property defined for "value" is it implicitly assumed?

regards,

Becky Gibson
Web Accessibility Architect

IBM Emerging Internet Technologies