Re: WAI-ARIA language providing for strong and weak implicit semantics from host language.

> I fear that no matter how we describe the two factors, given that the
> explicit ARIA role can be present or absent and the implicit ARIA role
> can be strong, weak, or absent, we still wind
> up with the same five cases in the bullet list in "7.3.2.2.  Overview."

I think the bulleted list is a good start but should be simplified by
saying something like:
1. If the native markup gives precedence to its own implicit semantics, or
there is no ARIA role, use the native markup to determine the role (if the
native markup does not provide a role, do not expose one).
2. Otherwise, use the ARIA role

- Aaron