RE: rangeslider, a "Tale of Two Thumbs"

My take is that  the semantics, need and usage for it  should be determined
first before one expends time  figuring keyboard behavior.

In truth the more I see  some of these widgets in use I really wonder where
the good old HTML controls are lacking. I agree tree menus and some such are
not available in HTML but I do not see the point of coding an image with an
onclick / mouseover event (and CSS effects) to resemble a button for
instance. (I cannot find any pointers in the ARIA roadmap and associated
docs). I see applications designed with regular buttons in one place and  an
image coded as above in another within the same application. So I wonder who
is gaining from this. Certainly keyboard access is a loser.

Thanks,

Sailesh Panchang
Accessibility Services Manager (Web and Software)
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)