RE: Style guide: combo box

Thanks for all the comments.   They are very valuable.  As we finish up
the process we will touch each comment with the group.  Keep the coming.

________________________________

	From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Aaron M Leventhal
	Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 6:20 AM
	To: wai-xtech@w3.org
	Subject: Style guide: combo box

	Combo box comments:

	1. Grammar error here: "As focus moves inside the dropdown list,
the edit field is not updated until. "  ... until what?
	2. Should F4 also be supported? Some users know that instead of
Alt+down to open it
	3. Tab key is listed twice and says different things
	4. Space is not usually supported for selection in a combo box,
because combo boxes are not generally used for multiple selection
(because they can usually only show 1 result). Is this an intentional
break from tradition? If so, perhaps it should describe this and say how
the multiple selection is displayed in the single field.
	5. For up and down arrow, it does not describe the 2 different
behaviors depending on whether the combo is currently open or closed
	6. We are missing a description for listbox. I suggest combo box
should say something like "In addition, support the behavior of a single
select listbox when the combo is open"
	7. Do they cycle? In other words if you arrow past the beginning
or end of the list does it stay there or wrap around? This could be part
of the definition of listbox and then borrowed by pointing to that.
	8. As mentioned earlier, incremental find as you type is not
mentioned for the listbox. This could also be part of the definition of
listbox and then borrowed by pointing to that.
	9. Pageup/pagedown/home/end are missing from the defintion.
These could also be part of the definition of listbox and then borrowed
by pointing to that.

	- Aaron