Discussing ARIA in HTML5 integration

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Rosmaita wrote:
>> ... ARIA 1.0 is needed today and yesterday,
>> and that embedding ARIA in HTML5 test
>> cases is a non sequitur, because:

> ... So I'm confused when
> you say that test cases for ARIA in HTML 5
> are a non sequitur.

I agree that those cases are needed for HTML5.

I think ARIA could proceed (at least to a public draft) without
html5-specific test cases, and he is suggesting using html4 with
@class.

My personal opinion is that even the html 4 elements should be treated
as having the proper ARIA default values, but that is probably a
decision for the ARIA-spec group to make.

-jJ