Re: @title's relation to accessibility

sander said:
>.Understood. But is that really something authors should consider?

Authors do regularly take into account and code for inconsistencies between
user agents, should they have to probably not.

If they want to provide information in an accessible manner they should
consider it.

Example: informing a user that activating a link opens in a new window.
if this advice is in the title attribute on a link, no "keyboard only" users
and many assistive tech users will not be able to access this info.

>If users care, they should bug their favourite browser vendor
>about it.

I don't think it is users that bug browser vendors to fix bugs, it is
usually informed developers.
most users don't know or understand what the title attribute is nor should
they and for users who cannot access the information contained within the
title, how are they to know there is something there (that they cannot hear
or see) for them to complain to the vendors about?

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe