Re: DRAFT response Re[2]: Request for PFWG WAI review of Omitting alt Attribute for Critical Content

David Poehlman wrote:
> Surely, there is no element or attribute anywhere in any spec that would
> say, when you publish your documents, not only must you use an alt attrib,
> you also must write into it that the image is not important if it is not
> important.

I don't see this as being any different from, say in HTML 4.01,
recognised link types

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links

recognised media types

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-media-descriptors

IANA registry charsets

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-charset

etc. Or am I missing something fundamental in your argument?

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/
http://streetteam.webstandards.org/