Re: the market hasn't spoken - it hasn't bothered to listened [was Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:53:51 +0200, Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev@moonset.net>
wrote:

> Why do you say role has to be reverse engineered?
>
> W3C docs:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-role/
>
> Firefox docs:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA:_Accessible_Rich_Internet_Applications

While I haven't looked into it in depth, I would expect that reverse
engineering the implementation in combination with reading the
documentation would lead to more interoperable implementations (and find
bugs in the documentation) than merely implementing the spec.

> Also, role can be used in HTML in Firefox.

Oh, sure, you can use MathML and SVG in HTML in Firefox too, if you
rebuild the DOM afterwards with scripting... Or am I missing something?
Can namespaced role=""s be used text/html in Firefox without scripting?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software