RE: ]RE: Relative Units for Font Size Scaling W3C requirement replaced by zoom techniques in new Browsers?

We need to be careful here.

ZOOM is being used in two different ways. To avoid this in WCAG we

1) use ZOOM to refer ONLY to a full image zoom.  It is like magnifying the
page (though sometimes font smoothing occurs)

2) use FONT SCALING or SIZING with WRAP to refer to changing the font size
in a way that causes relayout of the page - or staying within horizontal
width. (so there is no horizontal scrolling)

With ZOOM there should never be a layout integrity problem if a true ZOOM
since the layout is just magnified.

With RESIZING with WRAP  ( fluid layout etc)  then you do.

PS  I am not saying that everyone needs to use these definitions, just that
you need to remember them in interpreting the WCAG guidelines.

Gregg
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.