Re: Alternate Additional Attribute Set for a Single Quote Element

On Aug 1, 2007, at 2:54 PM, Robert Burns wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>
>> 2. a for/id binding between the Q/QUOTE element and the CITE element;
>>    and a reuse mechanism for newly quoted material derived from the
>>    same resource/anchor, which contains previously quoted content,
>>    or content from a common source
>
> [...]
>
> Once an author opts to include an explicit SOURCELIST, the existing
> quotations, citations and paraphrased ideas could specifically
> target the source list through an IDREF style relative URL like
> cite='#thissource'. UAs could still provide traversal details of
> the source through direct interaction with the citation, quotation
> or anchor element.

BTW, on adding support for UA discovery of nonURL URIs, take a look
at what Wikipedia can do with a ISBN:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%
3ABooksources&isbn=3533031845>

The "urn" and "ldap" URI schema I referred to is registered with IANA:

<http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html>

ISBN and other registered namespaces for the "urn" schema are here:

<http://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces>

Take care,
Rob