Re: appinfo for formal semantics in XSD

At 07:51 12/10/2005, Gottfried Zimmermann wrote:

>To my knowledge, we would prefer <xsd:appinfo> if the semantics statement
>was machine readable.

I agree. An example of this is the Schema Adjunct Framework (SAF, a
proposal to complement XML Schemas with the information needed to generate
applications): see
http://www.tibco.com/software/standards_support/xmlresources/spec.html and
http://www.tibco.com/software/standards_support/xmlresources/beyond_schemas.htm.
Eric van der Vlist's book "XML Schema" contains an example where
<xs:appinfo> contains Dublin Core metadata and an example with RDDL
(Chapter 14: Documenting Schemas - see
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema/).

>If we just describe it in words (with no further
>machine-readable markup) i would prefer to put it in <xsd:annotation>.

Eric van der Vlist's book contains examples with XHTML and even SVG inside
<xs:annotation>.

Regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--