Re: Re : Definition "content" :PLEASE DEFINE

I don't think Graham means text - there are various kinds of "inactive"
content.

Lots of text is inactive - no explicit associated behaviour. (well,
spell-checking it, running it against a dictionary, etc, but that depends on
a browser).

Images are often inactive. (Well, getting a longdesc, enlarging, but that
depnds on a browser...)

Audio? Does an explicit play request count as active? Even if it is only
provided as a control feature to conform with UAAG?

The major problem I have with the use of content is that there are two
completely different senses of the content of a document. In the inclusive
sense, there is "everything", or as a minimum some concept of the "default
rendered content". And there is a more restricted sense of "the information
being conveyed" - which means that if the default rendered content presents
the information to be conveyed in two or more ways, for redundancy, WCAG
should only require things of the information being conveyed, not each
rendered instance of it...

Chaals