Re: Proposed improvements to the mailing lists archives

Dom,

This will be an excellent improvement.  A few further refinements:

1. In http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-period
the line "Broader listings: [ more about this list ] [ more W3C mailing
lists ] "
seems unnecessary now, unless I am misunderstanding it.  Actually, at the
moment, the links for "[ more about this list ]" and "[ more W3C mailing
lists ] " don't seem to go to sensible places.  In any case, my suggestion
would be to omit this line and save a little vertical space.

2. In the spelling of the navigation bar,
"[ W3C Home ] [ Mailing list Archives ] [ Public Mailing lists ] [
wai-xtech@w3.org Index ]"
the word "lists" should be "Lists" and the second occurrence of the word
"Mailing" can be omitted without any loss in clarity:

At 03:27 PM 4/5/2002 +0200, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
>[re adding David in the CC, since he's probably not subscribed to this
>list]
>
>le ven 29-03-2002 à 05:12, Al Gilman a écrit :
> > 1. I would like to see David's hierarchical-theme navbar concept.  That
> probably stands between us and the next step.  Which I think of as having
> a whole list or at least a whole period working with multiple index pages
> and multiple messages cross-linked.
>
>I've implemented a first navigation bar in the current proposal:
>         http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-message
>         http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-period
>         http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/ml-index

3. I notice that one of these has the W3C logo at the front of the
navigation bar, and the others have "[ W3C Home ]" text instead.  They
should be consistent.  I don't have strong feelings either way, but might
suggest using a smaller version of the W3C logo.

Again, thanks for your efforts on this.

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard
Telephone: +1.617.253.1273